Jason Schorr - email@example.com
Spyglass Security, New York City, NY 2018 to Present
Chief Operating Officer
- Designed, Architected, and Built Spyglass’ Flagship Product DataDrifter[.xyz] SaaS platform (Node.JS, Python, ReactJS, redisDB, mongoDB, HTML/CSS)
- Managing daily operations and delivery at a small cybersecurity consultancy
Accenture, New York City, NY 2017 to 2018
- Led teams to deliver incident response, threat hunting, and strategic cybersecurity program development services within Accenture’s elite FusionX group
McAfee and Foundstone Professional Services , New York City, NY 2017 to 2017
Foundstone Threat Researcher
- Team Leader of the Threat Intelligence and Forensic Unit (TIF) for the City of New York. Responsible for responding to and investigating IT security related incidents.
- Subject Matter Expert and Trusted Advisor to New York City Cyber management structure and leadership.
- Cyber Threat Hunting operations, searching for Indicators of Compromise and other signs of hacking activity, responding to incident escalations from SOC.
- Analyze malware and weaponized documents, identify capability and functionality of malicious code and determine relevance and exposure to environment.
- Process documentation, run-books, flowcharts and instructions for both SOC and Threat Intelligence and Forensic teams.
FireEye, Inc. , San Francisco, CA 2015 to 2017
- Steward of a client facing service offering focusing on network hunting and lead resource on all engagements.
- Developed and delivered internal network security hunt training focusing on methodology and mindset.
- Developed and maintained internal tools created to increase team productivity and increase internal chargeability.
- Perform on engagements that review Security Operations Center processes, procedures, use cases, playbook and incident response plans.
Sutter Health , San Francisco, CA 2015 to 2015
Senior Information Security Analyst
- Performed Security Risk Assessments on medical devices and software to be purchased and integrated into daily hospital use.
- Physical and operational security testing of area hospitals and clinics, 25+ in the area.
- Conducted user education trainings on proper security practices and policy.
Apple Inc , Sunnyvale, CA 2014 to 2014
- Daily analysis of security alerts from various appliances including Splunk Dashboards, WhiteHat, and QualysGuard.
- Lead web security engineer, handling discovery, disclosure, and remediation with development teams.
- Developed python tools to test for various disclosed 0-days, CVE-2014- 0160, and CVE-2014-3120
Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA 2013 to 2014
Information Security Analyst
- Analysis of daily security alerts from our Cisco and Sourcefire IDS utilizing various security tools and techniques.
- Worked on Sourcefire IDS tuning and policy writing including their cloud malware interface.
- Developed tools for fellow analysts to relieve pain points when performing email malware verification.
REDSPIN Inc, Carpinteria, CA 2012 to 2013
- Performed HIPAA & FFIEC risk assessments.
- Extensive analysis of Nessus results, cisco ASA router, firewall, switch, and Windows Server configurations.
- Evaluated and performed physical engineering and social engineering assessments.
NASDAQ OMX, New York, NY 2010 to 2012
Systems Security Analyst III, Global Information Security
- Team leader for engineering, implementing, and supporting of the global Sourefire IDS
- Wrote policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures for global security operations.
- Maintained multiple WAF’s, SIEM solution, RSA Key Manager, BES server, Citrix server and VPN server.
- Performed corporate wide vulnerability assessments through the use of various tools and methods.
- Performed all aspects of an incident response lifecycle.
BA Computer Science – CUNY Hunter College, NY